IFB

26/08/2010

Looking fabulous in the rain



It was love at first sight back in the end of July when I first saw these rain boots from Valentino in its Venice flag store. I usually like it straight away or not at all, but these boots are more fab every time I see them. So when the rain caught me last night going home from the evening of laughter and sweet corn of Trnfest, I just couldn't help myself to think how cool it would be to have them. It seems like every fashion house is coming out with a fashionable rain boots these season. I suppose they are looking at it as taking a mundane accessory to the next level. I still look at rain boots more for their function more than for their fashion, but I admire this new chic rain boot trend. So Valentino created these Lace rain boots for the late summer rainy days and nights. I adore the delicate vintage-like lace pattern, which almost feels like utilitarian style of dressing up. It combines two of the trends - lace and military, but this time in a very chic way. I only think if paying almost 180 euros is appropriate for something you use to jump over puddles?  Well, my answer is yes, if it goes for fashion. Though in the copy-pasting era I am sure we will soon find a cheaper version. Will keep you posted!

Love them or hate them, they are a must for this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment