IFB

24/10/2010

Galerija Emporium review

I am no expert, but I am a shopaholic. Therefore I will share my first impressions on Galerija Emporium, which just opened its doors on Friday, October 22. 
A while ago I decided to ditch negative thought and look at life from from the bright side. So I have to start by applauding those who made restoring of one of the center pieces of Ljubljana possible. Also the inside of the building is remarkable. And a big plus to being open on Sundays as well.
Now to the other issues. Brands, collections and interior feeling inside the building. When it come to brands selected to be representing high fashion in one of the capitals of EU member states I have to say two things: I miss BIG fashion names from abroad as well as Slovenian ones. I have big issues with certain brands which are present, such as Desigual and United nude. Nothing wrong with these two, but they certainly don't represent high fashion. Where are Slovenian designers? Mem Couture is not the only fashion brand we have. I know they just closed a shop in the center and need a place, but I miss others like Matevž Faganel. Collections inside the Galerija Emporium are ... put in nicely ... last season. The one that can handle being last season is Alexander McQueen's, but that's about it. Lara Bohinc's collection presented does not include any new pieces??
Oh and where is cosmetics? I was expecting NARS, MAC, Bobbi Brown, ... ? And ... opening before you finish the project is not that recommended ... Gourmet/last floor is closed? Come on!
These are a few remarks on my first visit. Again nice job, but please check the latest collections, check who among our nation's few can be a part of it and ... please, make the interior less clinical ... so flowers maybe? Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment